Friday, January 14, 2011
Lag in online gaming is a very common and annoying problem which is faced by almost every online Gamer. This changes the gaming experience significantly and sometimes causes anger in an individual. In Garena DotA, this problem is even worst. Nowadays, A lot of players are facing lag, delay and disconnection issues which easily ruins the game and thus results a remake. Here are some tips which might help you in reducing lag while playing DotA on Garena.
• It is recommended to play in your country rooms, you will experience low pings there so, there are less chances of lag.
• Close other all programs while playing that are using your internet bandwidth which includes: uTorrent, Anti-virus Update, Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Download Managers etc.
• Try not join host with “X” pings, you may start lagging or get disconnected during game, sooner or later.
• If you see many X pings in game room, It’s because Garena servers are overloaded. Try rejoining game room, change servers and re-login Garena. If it still doesn’t help it means your port is not forwarded from your Modem/Router. Search Port Forwarding guides for your modem on Portforward.com
• If you are disconnecting during a game, You must rejoin room and ask host to do the same. If you do this, There is a big chance that you may comeback.
This can be done by doing the following:
1. Switch to Garena by pressing ALT+TAB.• If you want to host your own server, Make sure you have a good PC and uploading speed, around 512Kbps to 1Mbps in order provide lag-less experience to other players.
2. On the right bottom of Garena, Click Menu > My Recent Room > Noobs DotA Room.
• Using Garena Tunnel option while playing a game does not reduce lag/delay problem. Tunnel only works when a player can’t see game server of other player in Warcraft 3.
• Add Garena and Warcraft 3 in your Network Firewall safelist so it does not block any port which Garena or Warcraft 3 uses.